I have to admit, being a food blogger is awesome! Being invited to some of Sydney’s newest cafes to try out their favourite dishes, experimenting with food photography, and of course eating all the time – what could be better?
Well, it does have its downfalls. I love food and I love eating, but Sydney’s food trends tend to revolve around freak shakes, and burgers, and doughnuts – but rarely clean, wholesome food. So maintaining a balanced diet can be so difficult. Lately I have been experimenting with healthier food options, food that is for one tasty, but also nourishing. So, I thought I would share one of my favourite smoothie bowl recipes with you.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
You will need
For the muesli
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup puffed rice
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
For the smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 5 cubes of ice
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the muesli together, then add the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add a thin layer to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius, or until golden.
- leave to cool while you make the smoothie.
- For the Smoothie, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add to a bowl and decorate with muesli and whatever else you wish. I added melted sugar-free chocolate, banana, mango and some goji berries.
- Enjoy the guilt free goodness!
Kelly’s Bar and Grill is a South African-style restaurant located on level 6 of Bondi Junction Westfield. Now, don’t be put off by Kelly’s location, as this spot had city views! Level 6 of Westfield Bondi Junction is a foodies dream – some of the best spots including Bondi Pizza, San Churro and New Shanghai all in the one location, overlooking Sydney’s city and Bondi.
Windsor is a place I have always had fond memories of. I see it as a bit of a ‘country’ escape from Sydney city – however its not too far out, it took me about 30 minutes to get too from my house in Sydney’s Hills. I think it’s so important to escape Sydney every now and then for some peace of mind and relaxation – Well let me tell you my afternoon at Easy Lane was one of the most relaxing afternoons I have had in a long time!