I have to admit, being a food blogger is awesome! Being invited to some of Sydney’s newest cafes to try out their favourite dishes, experimenting with food photography, and of course eating all the time – what could be better?
Well, it does have its downfalls. I love food and I love eating, but Sydney’s food trends tend to revolve around freak shakes, and burgers, and doughnuts – but rarely clean, wholesome food. So maintaining a balanced diet can be so difficult. Lately I have been experimenting with healthier food options, food that is for one tasty, but also nourishing. So, I thought I would share one of my favourite smoothie bowl recipes with you.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
You will need
For the muesli
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup puffed rice
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
For the smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 5 cubes of ice
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the muesli together, then add the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add a thin layer to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius, or until golden.
- leave to cool while you make the smoothie.
- For the Smoothie, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add to a bowl and decorate with muesli and whatever else you wish. I added melted sugar-free chocolate, banana, mango and some goji berries.
- Enjoy the guilt free goodness!
You know those days that you just have no idea what you could possibly cook for dinner? Those days where you are sick of every dish that you cook up regularly, and just want something a bit exciting? Well this was one of those days. I opened the fridge, saw nothing interesting other than a bag of mushrooms, then continued on with my day, with the thought lingering as to what I could cook. On my daily walk, an idea popped into my head, ‘pie!’ I thought, ‘a nice crusty homemade pie would be delicious!’ Then the image of the lonely bag of mushrooms popped up and I immediately had a dish in mind! Chicken and mushroom pie…