I have to admit, being a food blogger is awesome! Being invited to some of Sydney’s newest cafes to try out their favourite dishes, experimenting with food photography, and of course eating all the time – what could be better?
Well, it does have its downfalls. I love food and I love eating, but Sydney’s food trends tend to revolve around freak shakes, and burgers, and doughnuts – but rarely clean, wholesome food. So maintaining a balanced diet can be so difficult. Lately I have been experimenting with healthier food options, food that is for one tasty, but also nourishing. So, I thought I would share one of my favourite smoothie bowl recipes with you.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
You will need
For the muesli
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup puffed rice
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
For the smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 5 cubes of ice
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the muesli together, then add the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add a thin layer to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius, or until golden.
- leave to cool while you make the smoothie.
- For the Smoothie, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add to a bowl and decorate with muesli and whatever else you wish. I added melted sugar-free chocolate, banana, mango and some goji berries.
- Enjoy the guilt free goodness!
Via Napoli is a cult favourite restaurant, and one of my personal favourites as well! Set along Longueville rd in Lane Cove, its location is unassuming, but the quality of the food here is outstanding! Friarielli from the foot hills of Mt Vesuvius and buffalo mozarella flown in fresh from Naples – it is definitely no comparison to the local pizza shop!