I have to admit, being a food blogger is awesome! Being invited to some of Sydney’s newest cafes to try out their favourite dishes, experimenting with food photography, and of course eating all the time – what could be better?
Well, it does have its downfalls. I love food and I love eating, but Sydney’s food trends tend to revolve around freak shakes, and burgers, and doughnuts – but rarely clean, wholesome food. So maintaining a balanced diet can be so difficult. Lately I have been experimenting with healthier food options, food that is for one tasty, but also nourishing. So, I thought I would share one of my favourite smoothie bowl recipes with you.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
You will need
For the muesli
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup puffed rice
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
For the smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 5 cubes of ice
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the muesli together, then add the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add a thin layer to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius, or until golden.
- leave to cool while you make the smoothie.
- For the Smoothie, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add to a bowl and decorate with muesli and whatever else you wish. I added melted sugar-free chocolate, banana, mango and some goji berries.
- Enjoy the guilt free goodness!